This policy (together with any other documents referred to) sets out the basis on which we will
process personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, as a result of your use of our
website or services. It supplements and should be read in addition to other terms and conditions that
you have agreed to in connection with your use of our website or our services. Please read the
following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we
will treat it.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
Your Personal Data
We only collect data that is essential to our core business processes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although
we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during
transmission to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information,
we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Personal Data Collected And It's Use
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and to communicate
with you on the progress of providing that information, product or service
Capture of a query / request
- Name, Email Address and Contact Telephone are collected and are used by Bird Id
staff to respond to your query / request
To gain access to additional website services eg purchase of goods or services.
- Name, Email Address and a Password are collected. A confirmation link will be emailed to the
specified Email Address to verify the accuracy of the Email Address
- In some circumstances provision of those additional website services will be conditional on
successful verification of the Email Address
Participation in forums provided by Bird Id
- You will be required to register with the website and additionally to select a unique Nickname
which will be displayed with your forum posts
Disclosure Of Information
We do not share any data with any 3rd party organisation for any purpose.
We will, however, disclose information, as directed by the Court Order, if formally instructed to do
so by a UK Court of Law.
Your Right To Access Information Held About You
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in
accordance with the prevailing legislation. You will need to provide your Name and Email Address.
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Bird Id costs in providing you with
details of the information we hold about you, even if those details are a nil return (= we have checked
both Name and Email Address and we do not hold any information about you).
Your Right To Be Forgotten
You have the right to have any information held about you removed. Your right to be forgotten can
be exercised in accordance with the prevailing legislation. You will need to provide your Name and
Your right to be forgotten should be preceded by a right of access to information request. We may
charge for the access to information request but do not charge to remove all data found.
If we do hold information we will remove that data within 1 working day.
If you have purchases in progress, we will discuss with you an appropriate date for information
IP Addresses And Cookies
We collect information about your computer, such as IP address, operating system, browser type
and browser window size. We also use four cookies to store limited information on your computer,
none of which store any personal data
- A session cookie (deleted when you leave) to pass parameters like "lines per page" between web pages.
- Another session cookie (deleted when you leave) to pick up the browser window width and height, so that we
can adjust the web page to provide best fit to your browser and make our website as easy as possible to view.
- A permanent cookie, which contains an anonymous unique number (eg 12375) which we use as part of identifying
Unique Visitors to this website.
- Another permanent cookie, which tracks whether that Unique Visitor has accepted or declined our cookies on
their last visit to this website – so we don’t keep asking you the same question.
- As is evident, NONE of these cookies store personal data
- We do analyse website performance using IP Address and Unique Visitor but that analysis includes your usage
but nothing about you and is used purely to improve the quality of the website.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these web
sites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Bird Id does not accept any
responsibility or liability for your use of such websites.