Dos & Don'ts - 1st June 2014
The Bird Id Forum is for all the members of the family and all ages, please keep this at
the back of your mind at all times when using the forums.
To post you must register and your email needs to be validated - the validation only happens once. You will need to click on the link sent to your registered email address to validate your email.
Failure to comply with the Rules will cause the “trusted user” status to be removed,
repeat offenders will be banned.
- Do review the topic list before you post and use a topic that already exists if there is a
relevant one, rather than starting a new one.
- Do use the “Report Abuse” link, that is present on every post, if you think that a
moderator needs to check the post for any reason.
- Do be patient with other forum members. Even if someone posts in a way that annoys
you, please remain polite and balanced in any response.
- Do (please) post in English; posts in other languages may be removed.
- Do keep your Nicknames brief and avoid anything that might annoy others.
- Do use the "Forum Questions" if you have any questions about these
- Do enjoy the forum and the associated web sites.
- Do Not respond to the small number of people who use forums purely to annoy others
for their own amusement – use the “Report Abuse” link.
- Do Not swear (even with ****s!), no swearing of any kind is allowed on this forum.
- Do Not post in a manner that is likely to offend others, disrupt the forum or just in
general be unfriendly.
- Do Not copy and paste information from other sites.
- Do Not include any copyrighted material (text or photos) in your post unless you can
prove you own that copyright.
- Do Not put any links in posts.
- Do Not “shout”; posts should be in a mixed case not solely in capital letters and use of
exclamation and other punctuation marks should be limited and appropriate.
- Do Not get into personal arguments, if you feel you are being targeted use the “Report
- Do Not put personal information; particularly contact information in your posts.
- Do Not post deflamatory, harassing, bullying or unlawful comments, documents or
Changes to these Rules
Please note that these Rules may change from time to time. We expect most such changes
will be minor.
Each version of these Rules will be
identified at the top of the page by its effective date, and we will also keep prior versions
in an archive for review.